Link:INB Home|INB English| INB русский язык|INB العربية|INB Türkiye|INB فارسی|INB Español|INB Français|INB Português|INB Deutsch|INB 國語|INB 中文|INB 日本语|INB 한국어|INB ภาษาไทย|INB tiếng Việt||Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke
INB Português Fórum
BEM - vindo a indústria nativa e "boffin") Da era industrial, aqui está cheio de espírito de Luta, Ambos através Da rede espaço biológico nativo espírito "boffin" VEIO a mad labs.Casa inbforum.com, Nome Definitivo: inb-english.forumotion.com
INB Português Fórum
BEM - vindo a indústria nativa e "boffin") Da era industrial, aqui está cheio de espírito de Luta, Ambos através Da rede espaço biológico nativo espírito "boffin" VEIO a mad labs.Casa inbforum.com, Nome Definitivo: inb-english.forumotion.com
INB Português Fórum

BEM - vindo a indústria nativa e boffin) Da era industrial, aqui está cheio de espírito de Luta, Ambos através Da rede espaço biológico nativo espírito boffin VEIO a mad labs.Casa inbforum.com, Nome Definitivo: inb-english.forumotion.com

Você não está conectado. Conecte-se ou registre-se

《《《《《《《上一页INBforum   Ir para baixo

上一页INBforum》》》》》》》Ver o tópico anterior Ver o tópico seguinte Ir para baixo  Mensagem [Página 1 de 1]

1Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Empty Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Sáb Jan 22, 2011 12:12 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
I have mentioned step by step of how to light up an interior scene in my recent tutorials. This chapter will go into the details about material to enhance more realistic scene.
1. Quickly flash back to the recent tutorial, step 1, create the whole ambience of the area by placing omni lights (ambient only) in the middle of the room as the main ambient color, make the far attenuation range fitted to the room and placing skylight ambience (light blue omni with ambient only) on the roof top. This means to create the effect of the skylight scattered around the roof and walls. See picture the scene ,lit up with the "AMBIENT ONLY" omni. The ambient pass is successfully done.
Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Details001
step 1, create the whole ambience
Tips : Actually in this step, we might not put in all the real material into the scene first as some materials have reflection or whatever that make the rendering time longer . I assign a white color material to all the objects first. This is to make the entire scene easier to control lighting as we can see the brightest and darkest part of all the object clearer and more accurate with white color.
Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Details0011

step 2, diffuse and specular pass created by adding 1. free direct (diffuse and specular) as to cast indirect illumination shadows (soft shadow) 2. skylight, placing blue omni (diffuse and specular) use cast shadow. May we replace white color with the real materials in this stage as to correct all detail of specular and diffuse color and level roughly.
Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Details002
step 2, diffuse and specular pass created
step 3, brightest part to be added in this stage. Sunlight and indirect illumination of sunlight from floor and wall.. See how and where I place these light in the scene.
Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Details003
step 3, brightest part to be added in this stage
We might have finished the entire perspective here from the last tutorial.
2. details in mapping and materials.
Sometimes, we find that some material ,kept in our library before doesn't have good effect when we reuse it again in a current scene. It doesn't go well or match with the current lighting ie. no spcular or reflection is too bright. Making the reallistic material in a big scene or a scene that is lit up with so many light is not as easy as a still light image that require less number of light. Suggest that we should go into the material's details after we've finished lighting up the scene. The concept is to fake the material physical condition follow the lighting as to make it more realistic. In this tuotorial I will mentionded to a few examples for you to have idea that can be applied to your own way.
step 4, Coustic. I found that the sunlight illumination from floor to the environment is not enough reallistic. I placed 2 omni at the small wavy water and apply projector map into it, using cellular maps. The cellular map on projector give the effect nearest to real coustic. Anyway, I still can not fake the coustic as realistic as some GI plugin but at least pust some more fuzziness into the images.
Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Details004
step 4, Coustic
Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Cellular
cellular map as a projector map
step 5. Go in to the material's detail. Oneday I walked in to a huge lobby of a building with all granite floor. I notice that on the granite floor have an ood reflection eventhough it looked like smooth plain floor. The reflection looks distorted and scattered into piece by piece and doesn't join together. I went back home and tried to fake such effect but no such option in raytrace (or have and I don't know). So there is another way to do that is to draw a granite piece by piece join together but I find it wasting the time so much very much and the edge of each granite may not join correctly with our eye estimation.
2.1 Distortation effect. In this scene, I drew a plain as another layer of the foreground floor with 8x8 segment, assign marble material on it and UVW map. Add noice modifier onto it. This is to give every pieces of marble not too flat. So when render, we will see the distorted reflection on the marble continually in every piece of marble because the whole polygon on plain is in the same smoothgroup. The distortation's appeared on the marble because of the noise modifier. I added editmesh modifier to give each polygon different in smoothing group numbers. Extrude some rectangle polygons randomly but give the amount as less as possible. Rendered again. The distoration of the reflection seems independent just like in picture... and that's the effect I want.
Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Nomalmat01
picture. Normal reflection of flat marble floor

Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Noise01Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Noisemodifier<< noise modifier
picture. Distorted reflection appears continually on the marble floor as the whole polygons is in the same smoothing group number.
Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Noise-smoothgroupTutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Smoothgroup<< smooth properties
picture. Distortation appears independently piece by piece as from the different smoothing group.
2.2 Faking phisical condition of materials to match the lighting in the scene. At the begining of this drawing, I used the material from my library but when I made the final rendering, the effect of specualr level appeared acceptable but didn't have enough details to make the scene more realistic. Actually the specualr level of the original material is adjusted correctly. I faked the rendering again by increase the specualr level as to make the scratch (I use scratch map for specular level map) appear more obvious and that's another idea to make the scene more reallistic. Not only the specular, the diffuse level or bump map parameter may be changed to be more obvious in other scene and I hope you can understand this concept more or less hope you can apply to your own way. Remember that material follow light whenever there are more light in the scene but light can follow material when there is lesser light numbers in the scene.
Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Nomalmat02Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Specular
normal material in librarywhen increase the specular level to enhance the realistic and match with the light.
Tutorials Maya Details in materials by Smoke Details005
final rendering

Talk about this tutorial at the Forum >>
3DM3.com
Copyright� Smoke
Edit by Stryker
Source: [Tens de ter uma conta e sessão iniciada para poderes visualizar este link]]

http://pt.inbforum.com

上一页INBforum   Ir para baixo

上一页INBforumVer o tópico anterior Ver o tópico seguinte Ir para o topo  Mensagem [Página 1 de 1]

Permissões neste sub-fórum
Não podes responder a tópicos

Copyright ©2009-2010 LTD Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

IT:SINGLESERVGoogle谷歌翻译TranslateFORUMSOFTLAYERGoogle谷歌广告联盟AdSenseAsia

Criar um fórum | ©phpBB | Fórum gratuito de ajuda | Denunciar um abuso | Criar um fórum